Measuring dust collector cfm?
(03-13-2021, 05:58 PM)DaveBozeman Wrote: I reread your post.. I missed the radius, and used diameter.. the numbers are more what I expected

250cfm at the blast gate, 150cfm to the tool.. system needs an upgrade
Smile

Tom's formula for area used diameter squared, divided by 4, multiplied by 3.14 (pi). same result as radius squared times pi
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
11C here.

And I was thrilled to see this as a calculcator app on the iphone.
The keys don't feel the same, but the muscle memory still finds the locations just fine.

Matt
(03-13-2021, 09:57 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Tom's formula for area used diameter squared, divided by 4, multiplied by 3.14 (pi). same result as radius squared times pi

It sounds like he used diameter in that web calculator on his first try, but the input is in radius.  Which is a little odd for that application since round duct sizing is normally listed by diameter.

(03-13-2021, 10:08 PM)mdhills Wrote: 11C here.

And I was thrilled to see this as a calculcator app on the iphone.
The keys don't feel the same, but the muscle memory still finds the locations just fine.

Matt

I didn’t know there was such a thing.  I’m going to have to try that.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(03-14-2021, 06:53 AM)TDKPE Wrote: It sounds like he used diameter in that web calculator on his first try, but the input is in radius.  Which is a little odd for that application since round duct sizing is normally listed by diameter.

yes.. user error