Delta Table Saw Fence
Older Delta 10-inch saw. The nameplate does not have a model #, but the serial is 93 K 94732. While adjusting the fence, I took it apart just to see how it works. Okay, I see, so I put it together. After using it for an hour, I found a spring lying on the floor: about 1 inch long and 1/8 in diameter. It must have fallen out. Any idea where it goes? Thanks for the help. —Peter
A picture of the fence would help tremendously.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Yes, pic please.  If it's the old Jet lock fence with micro-adjust, it could be the spring between the adjuster knob and front housing of the fence.  I had oneof those, and it seems that spring jumped out of mine, too.  Although I recall that spring being a bit larger than 1/8".  Sold that saw back in 2012 and I can't recall exactly how that fence went together.
Here is a pic. The little spring is shown on top of the fence.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks.  That spring is too small to be the spring I was referencing.  And, I think I can see the spring I referred to in the proper spot on the micro-adjust knob.

Is the fence operating correctly?  If it wasn't, I think you would have said so.

What are the possibilities that the small spring doesn't belong to the fence?

I presume you don't have a parts diagram for the fence.  I had a Delta 34-444, and it was very similar to what I see in the picture; yours might not be the same exact model, but I think it's likely close.  I also think it's a USA made saw.  If it is USA made, suggest you head over to owwm.org to see if a parts diagram is available.
Here are the two springs I can find on that fence..HTH.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Yes, the fence is working correctly. Yes, the label says “Proudly made in America.” I have a manual for model 36-650–Industrial model but very similar. The parts list shows a spring for the fence, but it is just a list, not an illustration showing where it goes. It is possible that the spring and the saw are unrelated, but the floor gets swept regularly, so where did the spring come from? I’ll take the fence apart again and see what it looks like. Thanks for the replies.
There is a spring in the back of the fence to push the hook down when the handle is raised.