Air quality monitor that won't break the bank
Question 
Can anyone recommend a decent air quality monitor for the shop to detect dust levels
that does the job but is not exhorbitantly expensive?

Thanks,

Dave
(03-13-2021, 09:57 AM)davco Wrote: Can anyone recommend a decent air quality monitor for the shop to detect dust levels
that does the job but is not exhorbitantly expensive?

Thanks,

Dave

I'm using the DYLOS DC1100.  At $199 it is their most affordable model.  It works great.

Mike
The Dylos is almost always the first reco for these, I have to think it's a leading candidate. But if that's more than you want to spend, this one for $56 gets good reviews over at LJ. I think it was a popular one on an Aussie site, and a few followers over at LJ has tried it. Remember the (correctness of) absolute reading isn't the most important, it's the trends that the meter help you spot. So if the TS causes a sharp spike you consider what to do with it. I would like to get one this year, not sure which direction to go.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-13-2021, 12:12 PM)fredhargis Wrote: The Dylos is almost always the first reco for these, I have to think it's a leading candidate. But if that's more than you want to spend, this one for $56 gets good reviews over at LJ. I think it was a popular one on an Aussie site, and a few followers over at LJ has tried it. Remember the (correctness of) absolute reading isn't the most important, it's the trends that the meter help you spot. So if the TS causes a sharp spike you consider what to do with it. I would like to get one this year, not sure which direction to go.

Thank you both
The cheap ones do seem to work. The suspicious thing is that the vendors don't stick around on Amazon. They frequently disappear, and a new vendor pops up selling apparently the same thing. This sounds worryingly like outrunning bad comments to me. I've never heard anything bad about Dylos.