WTB Beater Chisels
Hi All,

I am looking for a few wider beater chisels that I can blunt and use as scrapers.  Hoping to find something in the 1-1/2" to 2" range.  Doesn't have to be pretty, just reasonably okay so that I can flatten the back and blunt the edge.

Anyone got a few in the discard or disused pile?

Thanks,

Greg
You'd be hard pressed to beat this deal. With the usual 20% off coupon online, almost like stealing IMO.

Doug
(03-13-2021, 10:07 PM)Tapper Wrote: You'd be hard pressed to beat this deal. With the usual 20% off coupon online, almost like stealing IMO.

Doug

Yes, but I'd hate to think what poor, enslaved child laborer had to make those chisels selling for $8.00!

Greg
Sorry, but I didn't see that requirement in your original post.

Good luck,

Doug
(03-14-2021, 01:17 AM)gregbois Wrote: Yes, but I'd hate to think what poor, enslaved child laborer had to make those chisels selling for $8.00!

Greg

With some judicious grinding, these could be made to work...You may have better luck with finding some old ones made in the USA..I have made small gouges out of them..

[Image: 71u1-D7-Ix94-L-AC-SL1500.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(03-14-2021, 01:17 AM)gregbois Wrote: Yes, but I'd hate to think what poor, enslaved child laborer had to make those chisels selling for $8.00!

Greg

Greg, it's probably the same paid adult worker that made your HP printer with a 12" X 19" chassis, injection molded plastic enclosure, glass lense, lid,  paper feed, paper tray, ink cartridge carriage, and 50+ other other plastic and metal precision parts, including all of the electrical gear, bulbs, power cord plus packaging and shipping costs to get it here from China for $79 that you bought at Staples which probably made a 40% margin on it. 

Cry us a river over a box of $8 three piece chisels. I'm choking up. 

Happy landings, 

Bob
Bob Zajicek
Marietta, GA
Owner Czeck Edge Hand Tool
http://CzeckEdge.com