How to unstuck this bolt?
I have two of these landscaping lights where the bulb base is broken off in the socket.  It's difficult to face the socket to get a good view so I'm trying to rotate the socket heads towards me.  The bolt that holds the two halves together is stuck.  I cut a screwdriver slot with a multitool and also drenched that bolt with WD-40, but no joy.  The screws holding this to the base are corroded, too.

Anything else I can try?  Any ideas on how to unscrew that broken lamp base out?

Thanks
Paul

Drill to release pressure and an easy out, also PB Blaster for lube

Removed many damaged fasteners that way on aircraft
(03-14-2021, 01:22 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Drill to release pressure and an easy out, also PB Blaster for lube

Removed many damaged fasteners that way on aircraft

Good news, that worked very easily so thanks for that.

Bad news, the ceramic bulb base is broken so now I need to replace the whole head after I drill out the screws holding it down.
(03-14-2021, 02:03 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: Good news, that worked very easily so thanks for that.

Bad news, the ceramic bulb base is broken so now I need to replace the whole head after I drill out the screws holding it down.

Probably not that bad of news.  Depending on the usage you may come out ahead by replacing with more energy efficient model.
I started drilling out the two screws holding the whole fixture to the base and then realized I had screw extractors in my toolbox!  
Slap

Haven't needed them for years so totally forgot about them.

That made quick work of loosening the fixture from the base, but then I found the wires were buried in concrete in the base.  I found some replacement bolts to close everything back up and told my wife, sorry, it can't be done.
Our old landscape lights were like those. I kept repairing them and got fairly good
at disassembly. Finally though, they were just too far gone. The bulbs were getting
harder to find anyway. LED replacements worked, sorta, for awhile.

So I waited for a sale at the BORG and grabbed some new LED versions of the entire
lamps.

Problem free for several years now.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me