Anyone using 3M Cubetron discs with Festool sanders?
Your thoughts? 

Does the hole pattern effect the dust collection?

Im interested and might just buy a few boxes and give them a whirl since I go through a bunch a papers. Be nice to get something that lasts as long as they advertise.

Cost isnt an issue for me. Most important is the dust collection, followed by the longevity of the disc (the abrasive not breaking down fast)

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(03-14-2021, 08:55 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Your thoughts? 

Does the hole pattern effect the dust collection?

Im interested and might just buy a few boxes and give them a whirl since I go through a bunch a papers. Be nice to get something that lasts as long as they advertise.

Cost isnt an issue for me. Most important is the dust collection, followed by the longevity of the disc (the abrasive not breaking down fast)

Did you check at FOG?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

i've sold all of my festool paper, and i'm using exclusively the cubitron.  it's so much better.
I can't help you out with your question but would really like to hear your review of the 3M pads should you give them a try. Good luck!
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
does pattern effect the collection ?

Of course.  But you’re not likely to notice a difference without close inspection and measurements.  Better dust collection will be more noticeable between different sanders. Mesh discs offer the utmost in collection, but regular holes are good enough for most people and most applications. 

Will they last longer for you ?  Hard to say , but probably. In some instances you want the abrasive to wear away so that it exposes new sharp grains to cut better.   If money really isn’t a issue, it’s a no brainer.  Just get some. 3M makes quality abrasives and will do the job.  Even if they don’t last as long I’m guessing you're not running a production line where changing consumables has consequences other than increased cost.
I tried some of the Cubetron discs (not with a Festool though).  I like how they sand but they don't seem to stick well to the bottom of my sanders (Rigid and DeWalt); they fly off.  Does anyone else have this problem?
(03-15-2021, 11:36 AM)dwg Wrote: I tried some of the Cubetron discs (not with a Festool though).  I like how they sand but they don't seem to stick well to the bottom of my sanders (Rigid and DeWalt); they fly off.  Does anyone else have this problem?

I've had this issue with festool discs interestingly enough.   Usually means the backer pad is wearing (worn) out.
(03-15-2021, 11:36 AM)dwg Wrote: I tried some of the Cubetron discs (not with a Festool though).  I like how they sand but they don't seem to stick well to the bottom of my sanders (Rigid and DeWalt); they fly off.  Does anyone else have this problem?

i use the cubitron on my festool and mirka sanders, with no issues.  i like to use thin interface pads to help save the original (and expensive) sander pads.  the cubitron is by far the best paper i've ever used, even superior to Abranet.
(03-14-2021, 08:55 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Does the hole pattern effect the dust collection?

Yes exactly my question before buying 3M Cubitron discs. My main reason for buying the Festool 125 was the amazing dust collection efficiency.
Does the 3m pattern really work on Festool backing pads?
Better to use blank disks and punch yourself?

Attached Files Image(s)

Did you read the discussion above ? Was your question not answered ?

Punching blank discs is a fools errand. 

And for the sake of discussion - are you unhappy with festool's abrasive offerings ? Or the mesh discs offered from numerous makers ?