shed paint
Have a shed that was painted about 10 years ago or at least I should say was stained. It has T11 on it and wood trim. I need to redo this year because I changed siding on house and now want to match grey color to shed. Question is what do I use??  Stain, paints, or is there something new on the market?? Name or brand will help. Thanks. Live in NJ
John T.
The brand isn't as important as the quality and the application. Most brands make different quality paints for different budgets. I've found that the more you pay, the less paint is needed for coverage so might as well just buy the better paint and don't work as hard. Just use a good quality exterior primer and paint. You'll be able to tell the quality by the price of the product. Since it's wood, you might need a primer specifically made for wood. Any paint store would be able to recommend something. They can match the color of the siding if you take in a scrap. A big box hardware store could do it too but you might not get the technical expertise. I would PM Mags®, he owns an ACE Hdw. I've found that ACE people are pretty well trained at the paint counter. Mags®.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

If you are making a color change, paint is probably a better choice than stain.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Fir t-11 takes solid color oil stain very well. The grooves can be a pain to brush so I spray with an airless. Just aim for the grooves and the fields will be done at the same time. Go two or three wide and give the flats a quick brush. It's really quick if you have a helper. Have them hold a 1 x 3 "T" with cardboard stapled under your soffit or frieze.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"