Walnut Legs
I'm thinking about making a small walnut table with tapered legs. I've made quite a few QSRO tables with straight legs and I usually just get some rift sawn oak, laminate the peices together, and make the legs from that. With the oak grain, you have to look pretty closely to see that it isn't one solid peice. Would this method turn out well with flat sawn dark walnut? I'm just planning on finishing with BLO or satin polyurethane.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
If the grain is consistent you will hardly notice where the boards are glued together. But why not just start with stock thick enough for the legs you want to make? 

John
I already have some 4/4 and 5/4 stock and a trip to the lumber yard involves taking a day off of work and hoping the weather is good.
Make your legs like this and the seams will be masked by the corners.

I thought about doing that, but these will be narrower legs with a taper.
Those were not tapered, but I could have tapered them by about 3/8" or more had I needed to. Actually, I could have plugged the center for strength and put on a steeper taper.
Another way to do it is to sandwich two pieces and then, after tapering, veneer the other two sides to cover the seam.
I vote for tapering and then using 1/8” shop made veneer if you don’t like any of the sides. Bevel or rounding of corners will hide the seem
Try some Antique oil by Minwax. It has a lot of BLO in it and turns walnut dark and turns Cherry a beautiful red. It is a wipe on that actually dries and can be recoated in 24 hours. 

Tom