Cleaning Side and Dining Tables
Photo 
Hello craft legion,

I am looking for the best product/cleaner and techniques to use on the following two items, based on the type of wood:

SPAMMER LINKS REMOVED. LEAVING THREAD IN CASE THE ANSWERS HELP OTHERS.

I am not a native member of this community but I figured nobody would know better than woodworkers themselves. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I do not want to mess this up. 

Cheers!
J
If they both have a film finish on them then I would use Dawn dish detergent in warm water, just like you would for washing the dishes.  It will remove most forms of dirt and grease if you wipe it with a dampened sponge.  Once it's clean, go over it one more time with a clean sponge and then wipe it dry.  If there is no finish, or a penetrating finish like boiled linseed oil, on one or both then I would use mineral spirits on a rag to get them as clean as possible.  

John
I use Swiffer Wet floor refills to clean my kitchen cabinets.  It does not harm most finishes (but always test).  Wear gloves, but generally, these are safe to use.   I just use them like a damp rag.   Waterlox recommends this for use on their finishes.  (And use the leftovers to clean your floor).

[Image: 71Gyja2LWbL._AC_SL1445_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.