2 Steve Knight planes
Two Steve Knight planes and mallet. These were made by Steve approximately 2002. Very little use. They are still on the original sharpening, that's how little they've been used. I'm just not a hand plane guy, so that's why I am selling them. Asking $160 shipped for the jointer plane, smoother plane and mallet.

The blade is held in place by a wedge. To remove the blade, you lightly tap the back of the plane with the mallet.

The jointer plane is 24.75 inches long, 3 inches wide. The sole is IPE, the place you hammer is bubinga (pretty sure). Not completely sure what the sides and top are. Blade is 2" wide. I believe this cost well over $200 new, but it's been a long time.

The smoother is white oak with a bubinga accent (pretty sure)  at the back where you hammer. It is 9 inches long and 2 7/8 wide at the widest point. Blade is 2" wide.

Where I said Bubinga, I am pretty sure that's the case, but if it's not Bubinga, it's another nice looking exotic wood with a red color. I know it was not a domestic wood.

There was a piece of sawdust on the jointer plane when I took these pictures. There's no "Ding" on it. I can resend you a new picture if you are concerned.

Both planes allow the user to adjust the opening in front of the blade to be as small as you want it. I forget the name of the part, but see pictures. Blades are hardened steel.

I would consider splitting these up if no one wants to buy as a set, but the problem is, only one mallet.

I had to compress these to fit on the forum. If you want any more pictures, please PM me.

I used to be "Paul Johnstone" on this forum, I lost my original ID when they switched the board, I've been here a long time, and if you are worried about dealing with a "stranger", I can do whatever you need to be comfortable with making this purchase.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sent a PM. Thanks!
(03-20-2021, 04:09 PM)paulWoodworker Wrote: Two Steve Knight planes and mallet. These were made by Steve approximately 2002. Very little use. They are still on the original sharpening, that's how little they've been used. I'm just not a hand plane guy, so that's why I am selling them. Asking $160 shipped for the jointer plane, smoother plane and mallet.

The blade is held in place by a wedge. To remove the blade, you lightly tap the back of the plane with the mallet.

The jointer plane is 24.75 inches long, 3 inches wide. The sole is IPE, the place you hammer is bubinga (pretty sure). Not completely sure what the sides and top are. Blade is 2" wide. I believe this cost well over $200 new, but it's been a long time.

The smoother is white oak with a bubinga accent (pretty sure)  at the back where you hammer. It is 9 inches long and 2 7/8 wide at the widest point. Blade is 2" wide.

Where I said Bubinga, I am pretty sure that's the case, but if it's not Bubinga, it's another nice looking exotic wood with a red color. I know it was not a domestic wood.

There was a piece of sawdust on the jointer plane when I took these pictures. There's no "Ding" on it. I can resend you a new picture if you are concerned.

Both planes allow the user to adjust the opening in front of the blade to be as small as you want it. I forget the name of the part, but see pictures. Blades are hardened steel.

I would consider splitting these up if no one wants to buy as a set, but the problem is, only one mallet.

I had to compress these to fit on the forum. If you want any more pictures, please PM me.

I used to be "Paul Johnstone" on this forum, I lost my original ID when they switched the board, I've been here a long time, and if you are worried about dealing with a "stranger", I can do whatever you need to be comfortable with making this purchase.

[Image: DSCF1185.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

sale is pending. thanks.