Backyard Fun
What the new shed will replace...

Basically a bunch of tarps stretched over a metal frame....with a door zippered into one end.....do NOT buy one of these, ever.
Upset

Ice, and a 10" snowfall did in the 10 x 10 Gazebo, too....needs demo-ed out....Shed(new) is for storage...and a place to sit the lawnmower...

Getting pretty breezy outside, right now.....not a good day to be moving, standing up, thin sheet metal siding panels....Can wait until a better day..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Waiting on the weather to clear up, before starting work on the shed....

Spent just under 2 hrs last night, rehabbing an $18 jack plane....

needed a new 4' level....have a few things to keep plumb on this shed build....old level was way out, been dropped too many times...may try to re-calibrate..at a later date.

Stay tuned...
(03-24-2021, 09:40 AM)bandit571 Wrote: 5" x 35" x 67"  HEAVY cardboard box....the 4 treated 2 x 6 x 10' planks, and 4 bags of gravel were also delivered....

Too windy today, chance of a Thunderstorm....might be Friday before any more gets done......and, not a job for just one person to do by his lonesome....will have to call in a helper, or two....will pay in Beer...
Winkgrin

If you are fishing for helpers, it would be a good idea to put at least your general location in your profile. That was one of the fields that got lost when the WN software changed.

Anyone remember the link for the WN member map?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I live in Bellefontaine, OH.
Winkgrin

If the wind dies down tomorrow, I'll be outside working on the shed...
(03-26-2021, 06:27 PM)iclark Wrote: If you are fishing for helpers, it would be a good idea to put at least your general location in your profile. That was one of the fields that got lost when the WN software changed.

Anyone remember the link for the WN member map?

I have it on my computer that is being fixed.  When i get it back next week I will send it to you.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Son and Grandson helped out today...4 hours later...
Cool

Was having issues ( BP 94/40.
Confused .) decided to call it a day....
Yes
Looks good so far.

Sorry about the BP issues, health first !!
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Dehydrated....off to get some Sugar free gatorade....rear wall NOW has it's gable installed....front gable is tomorrow....errands to run....wind decided to kick up a bit.
Upset
Got the south gable installed....north gable is ready....then the wind kicked up a bit.....sun was also a problem....

Will try again, later today....after it warms up a bit....Currently on "Step #11" out of 17 "Steps".....

Film at 2300hrs.....
Rolleyes
Despite winds gusting up to 30mph, and no help....North Gable was installed, today..
Winkgrin 

Cussing was involved
Uhoh ....gables go up as 2 pieces....plus a bracket where they join....Crescent No. 73 Scratch Awl to pull holes into alignment,  treated 2 x 2s as Strongbacks....to keep the gables from being blown over....

Fun part?
Rolleyes 

Installed the roof beams....with bolts and nuts...center one is  doubled up into an "I" beam...other two are just C channels....added the braces to the center beam..

All that is left?    Roof panels ( NOT today)  and the 2 doors...a bit TOO windy for such things...2 hours was just about enough...

Having my 2nd Gatorade ZERO....Guinness Stout will be with Supper..

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin