Backyard Fun
Will be assembling and installing the 2 doors in a little bit..
Cool ..at least I won't be standing on a ladder all day..
No .doing this one door at a time....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Door #1 is assembled...

And installed..

Had to stop and wash off all the mud, first, before this picture was taken..Things looking a bit dark?

Was trying to get done, before THAT arrived...and..

Sorry, nothing behind either door....Missing a lower door guide, and had an "extra" brace...hmmmm.  

20 bags of gravel..after the rain shower went by...

And discovered I needed a rake to spread it all out...

Doing the "Punch List" tomorrow...the the Moving in day after that...old shed gets demolished....old gazebo as well...

Watchman procedure is on May 7th....then I am "grounded "  for a few weeks...trying to get things done, before then..
Today's tasks....adjust the doors to be gap-free...
Cool

#2).  Scrap metal and other trash removed from the Patio...

Scrap metal...meet my Little Friend...
Winkgrin

Trash was either bagged up, or burnt....along with...
Rolleyes

The old top of the WorkMate....
#3). New top for the WorkMate...used the 2 cut-off 2x 6s, and the two 2 x 2 Strongbacks..2x2s were atad too..fat....tablesaw to peel a 1/4" off...cut side went against the bottom of the 2x6s..

Top screwed to the frame, jaws screwed to the top.....once the top had been closed up tight.   Problem?    All the boards needed to be trimmed for length, about 4" beyond the mounting brackets ( allows for clamps)  Did not feel like dragging a circular saw upstairs, and a cord out to the "work site"  so..

And, this D-112 weighed a lot less...and no cord to trip over....Framing square to lay out the lines....and my Cardio Workout could begin...

Look a bit better?...than...

This?
Confused

Backyard "FUN" will now involve clean-up of the Patio, to get it ready for the new Gazebo....and spread some gravel in the shed, to prep it for a floor...

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Coming along nicely.

That workmate top was looking a bit rough. The new one will be quite an improvement. I have thought many times about adding a larger top to my workmate.  Just haven't gotten to it yet.
(04-07-2021, 07:42 AM)stav Wrote: Coming along nicely.

That workmate top was looking a bit rough. The new one will be quite an improvement. I have thought many times about adding a larger top to my workmate.  Just haven't gotten to it yet.

I have some baltic birch plywood cutoffs I picked up from a patternmaker's shop that are a full 1" thick, very solid, no gaps, thinking I should use them for retrofitting a couple of mine.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
ALL scrap metal was been demo-ed out, and a fellow came by and hauled away all the metal junk..the "Before"..

And...the after...
Winkgrin

Bags of gravel for the floor of the "New Shed"...Items under the tarps will be stashed inside the new shed....WorkMate is already inside the shed, out of the rain.   Long handled yard tools are in there as well...old tarps will then be rolled up, bagged up...and tossed...then maybe a bag, or two of grass seed?

2nd Jab today, plus a lot of rain...things can wait a day or three...
Some progress...not a lot....all scrap metal in the backyard has been hauled away.   Tarps will be next to go, once the floor is ready in the shed...for now?

tarps are covering items that need to go into the shed.   I managed, somehow...to move about 1/2 of them bags of gravel into the shed, and rake them out flat....and the "new" floor is already full of items.   other 1/2 of the floor will be when I feel a bit better...them bags are a bit heavy to be carrying around....

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Yeah...

Need to go and buy a bag of grass seed, tomorrow....9 of them blue city bags were hauled out to the curb, tonight...one had a big puddle of water on it...now I have a wet shoe and foot...

Instead of hauling the rest of the gravel into the shed...I went out and bought 9 boards..

Four at 1 x 6 x 6', and 5 at 1 x 6 x 4'....of Ash.   Has a bit of fancy grain, going on..

and..

Just have to find the right project for these....after all, I did spend $20 on that stack...
Rolleyes
Where do you find that much lumber for $20?
I have a friend, that has a woods...and he also has a friend with a bandsaw mill.....one bay in his barn is full of air dried Ash, Maple, and Oak....he is about out of Walnut, though...

9 Blue "City" bags hauled to the curb.    All the gravel has been spread out inside the shed...will be the floor, for now....Ground where the old shed WAS, now has almost 20 pounds of Grass seed spread out on it.....waiting on the next rain shower. 

Almost all the "shed stuff" has been moved into the new shed.....2 tarps left to throw out.   Cardio for today?  10 bags of gravel moved, 20 pounds of grass seed planted, and....

Make 2 cuts in an Ash plank..to get ..

A new deck for a Stanley No. 116 Mitre box rehab...from this messy thing..

To..

This not-so-messy thing....

( before the stain was added, check the setting for square) 

Along with Laundry Detail, today.....I am bushed..