Cremation urn
  Re: Cremation urn by SteveS (Made it for the SILs...)
Western big leaf maple. My hunting buddy and his neighbor had a few very large trees come down in one of our big wind storms. The biggest was around 160’ tall with a base 6’ in diameter. I got hundreds of pounds of burl, curl, quilt figure out of those trees and they had been down for a couple of years so they had lots of spalting as well.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
  Re: Cremation urn by SteveS (Made it for the SILs...)
(03-27-2021, 08:49 PM)AHill Wrote: Now what exactly is WBLM?

Thanks for asking --I was lost too.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.
  Re: RE: Cremation urn by SteveS (Western big leaf map...)
(03-28-2021, 01:09 PM)SteveS Wrote: Western big leaf maple. My hunting buddy and his neighbor had a few very large trees come down in one of our big wind storms. The biggest was around 160’ tall with a base 6’ in diameter. I got hundreds of pounds of burl, curl, quilt figure out of those trees and they had been down for a couple of years so they had lots of spalting as well.

That is my favorite wood and I bought a quilted board of it that was 2" thick and 8" wide and 2' long and ended up giving it to a friend here to make and sell somthing with it.  He made a fantastic bowl from it.
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.