Should I get rid of my old Bosch router?
You’ve been given several good reasons to keep the Bosch.  I’ll just add that I’m also just a hobbiest and i’ve got seven routers, five of which I use regularly.  I don’t think keeping the Bosch qualifies as hoarding.  Having multiple routers is pretty common with woodworkers.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(03-27-2021, 10:52 AM)overland Wrote: The Bosch does have a plunge base. There's both: a fixed base and a plunge base.

Then keep it and fix whatever  may go wrong with it in the future.  I love mine i got from a guy here cheap since he knew me/us
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
If you’re not using it and not a collector, why not sell it ?

That said a small battery powered router isn’t going to make cabinet doors , raised panels , or big mortises. You can’t run 1/2” shank bits in it either.   But again, if you don’t need this capability; the potential goes unused. Use the capital for something that will.
(03-28-2021, 01:20 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: You’ve been given several good reasons to keep the Bosch.  I’ll just add that I’m also just a hobbiest and i’ve got seven routers, five of which I use regularly.  I don’t think keeping the Bosch qualifies as hoarding.  Having multiple routers is pretty common with woodworkers.

1 2.5 h.p. combo 1 3+ h.p table mounted router. I bought the Grizzly 2 base trim router on a whim (it was on sale y'know
Winkgrin ) and have used that nearly as much as the table router which is what I use the most. The most expensive part of the trim router is having to buy 1/4" shank bits. I had mostly 1/2" shank bits.
Unless you’re really hurting for space I wouldn’t get rid of it. You won’t get the value for it imo. Plus I’m the future if there’s a bit you use constantly you can always have that router dedicated to it
There is no such thing as "too many routers!" DAMHIKT!!! 
Big Grin

Doug
Plus 1 on that

I do not like to change routers. One on the table, one on the D handle, one on the plunge, one on the circle cutting jig....
Keep it.
The Bosch will have more power.
You could use the Bosch router as a dedicated router for a router table.
Maybe sometimes the battery on your battery powered one is not charged.

Personally,I don't like battery powered power tools.. they have a much shorter lifespan and the battery runs out at the most inapportune time.

That said, unless you really really need the money, why would you sell the Bosch? You probably wouldn't be able to replace it for what you sold it for.
Keep it.. Maybe in a few years, you'll be really glad you kept it.
I also work outside so I'm a kindred spirit in that regard.  I don't generally prefer battery operated tools because it is much more difficult to just jump into something when you find a free minute if you need to charge up batteries. I do have battery tools but I also have corded versions as well.  I'd keep it.
Does that Makita router accept a 1/2 inch bit? 
If not and you are like most of us and have a collection of 1/2 inch bits you should keep a router on hand that can swing them.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!