cabinet pull finish
I am turning some walnut cabinet pulls. the cabinet they are going on has semi-gloss Enduro Clear Poly top coat. I am wondering if the cabinet pulls should just have some shellac or oil on them with no poly? Will the poly wear through or am I worrying about something that may not happen in my lifetime. It is not a kitchen cabinet that will get a lot of use but this will get moderate use.
Well, I wouldn't use oil. Those pulls will get dirty and cleaning them may be next to impossible with an oil finish. I would probably not use shellac either, but you did state minimal use so I guess it's a possibility....but my first choice would be to match the cabinets.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Unless you need a perfect match I'd use Arm-R-Seal, Waterlox, etc.  Those stand up to constant handling better than most finishes.  

John