Glu-Bot Glue bottle issue
For last few years I have been using Glu-Bot Glue bottles. They do save time , easy to use .
But I have been experience some issues
 If you leave the bottle unused for few days, the glue curdles and harden  it happen to Tite Bond  I, once it happens it is difficult to clean.

The other bottle I am using for Tite Bond II, I use this often , I experience some glue dries on top of the both cap, also dries on the thread , which makes difficult to open for refill.

Any one having same issue, or it is user error?  I make sure the caps are tight , it also have a rubber gasket.

Attached Files Image(s)

I use those. First, replacement tips are fairly cheap. It's good to have some on hand. 

The red cap is silicone and it is quite easy to get dried glue out of it. 

The tips themselves are harder but I use a 1/16" drill bit to clean things out. You can do this pretty easily from both sides. 

The gaskets on the inside do not last forever, but the aforementioned replacement tips come with them.
I haven't had issues near the tip, but the gasket under the main cap gets deformed over time and then starts to leak air.  To solve this, I put a doubled up layer of Saran wrap under the cap and the air leaks stopped.  Also no crusty glue to clean up.
(03-30-2021, 11:20 PM)atgcpaul Wrote: I haven't had issues near the tip, but the gasket under the main cap gets deformed over time and then starts to leak air.  To solve this, I put a doubled up layer of Saran wrap under the cap and the air leaks stopped.  Also no crusty glue to clean up.

This is my biggest issue with the Gluebot.  Thanks for the tip.
I had these same issues with mine. It finally cracked when I was trying to unscrew the main cap for a refill and just threw it away. 

I've found that the small Titebond 16oz bottles works great as long as I don't empty them. I also keep the 32oz handy for large glue ups and spread with a taping knife. If I fill them after each project, I have no issues keeping glue flowing. This also allows me to buy the glue in gallons and a little better price.

The GluBot was nice, but always a pain to keep the nozzle clear and then to refill. Since I seem to refill once a week or at least every two weeks, getting that main cap off was a hassle for me. They need to be thicker plastic to take the force of twisting required when the glue dries a little.
Put it in a slow cooker overnight in water with dish soap and it will be perfectly clean in the morning.

Or put it in a pot of water and dish soap and bring the water to a boil and let it cool.  It may take more than one cycle to get the glue cleaned off. 

Silicone plastic can tolerate heat.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks for everyone’s feedback
I had all the issues mentioned.

When I used the Glue Bot, I used a silicon brush to spread the glue in the joints (surface).But it was always challenge to keep the tip clean of Glue Bot , also glue coming out of the cap. The keep up was quite a bit.

Here is the system I am using now; the glass bottle is old Jelly container. I use the Silicon brush to spread the glue.
Advantage                 It is faster
                                Less clean up
                                Free- I recycle the bottle and have couple extras.
I have used 3 times so far, so no expert. Will report after few months.

Attached Files Image(s)

I have to say I have a Glu Bot but I prefer the titebond bottle less trouble and I don't get upset that it doesn't work as it should.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bought a glubot 15? years ago. If your glue was half way thick, the nozzle would not clear out when it was set back down. Glue would get gummy and the nozzle would plug.
After about 2 months, that bottle went in the trash can.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-04-2021, 12:22 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Bought a glubot 15? years ago. If your glue was half way thick, the nozzle would not clear out when it was set back down. Glue would get gummy and the nozzle would plug.
After about 2 months, that bottle went in the trash can.
After about 2 months, that bottle went in the trash can

Mine didn't last that long......
No
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset