A little shop tip
Got something like uncured epoxy or Tru oil on your hands and nothing decent to remove it?

I just discovered a convenient way to get them pretty much clean (still a little lingering smell) with stuff you will undoubtedly have on hand. (pun intended)

Just rub your hands with some sawdust, otherwise known as "man glitter" and then wash them with some dish soap. Don't rinse the sawdust before applying the dish soap and rubbing hands together using the sawdust like a slurry. I've tried it with Tru oil and epoxy so far, and it seems to work pretty well for me. Don't know if the dry sawdust sucks up the offending product or the slurry acts like a mild abrasive to remove it.

In related news I'm progressing well with a second wooden handle on a knife kit. Those double bolster kits are a pain to fit, but look great when finished. With three separate epoxy gluings and multiple applications of Tru oil, I've had to clean this stuff off my hands quite a few times over the last couple days.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life."        Mongo
Thanks  for the tip. 
Big Grin

I buy boxes of surgical gloves for dying, staining, and painting... But often get glue all over.  Plenty of sawdust in the shop. 
Yes

Ah, pics brother, regarding the project... Not the handwashing.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
The sawdust trick may work for some but I wouldn't risk clogging my drain in the house. I have tons of gloves around (last time I counted, I had at least 3 boxes).

Simon
(03-31-2021, 06:33 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The sawdust trick may work for some but I wouldn't risk clogging my drain in the house. I have tons of gloves around (last time I counted, I had at least 3 boxes).

Simon

Hadn't really thought of that. Not sure it would be any different than something put down the garbage disposal. We are only talking a small amount. If any one is concerned about it just use the hose outside.
(03-31-2021, 08:10 PM)clovishound Wrote: Hadn't really thought of that. Not sure it would be any different than something put down the garbage disposal. We are only talking a small amount. If any one is concerned about it just use the hose outside.

Having just forked out $$$ to have a drain cleared out I'm definitely hearing handplanes' concern, but yeah, it shouldn't be an issue and if it is a lot then use the hose.
I usually wear gloves too, but for times when I've forgotten or the glove ripped midst glue-up I've done this sawdust trick myself, but not so much to clean as to just get rid of the sticky while I work.
Ray
OK, here is a pic, as requested.

(04-01-2021, 11:41 AM)clovishound Wrote: OK, here is a pic, as requested.
A beauty.

Simon
(04-01-2021, 11:46 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: A beauty.

Simon

Picture doesn't show the grain of the wenge. I really like it for knife scales.
I agree, it is beautiful.

Yes
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(03-31-2021, 04:11 PM)clovishound Wrote: Just rub your hands with some sawdust, otherwise known as "man glitter" 

Hey, is that a shout out to Next Level Carpentry?
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!