Creative door stops
I have some small inset doors where there is nothing to stop the door when closing. I am using blum hinges. the only thing I have been able to come up with is to tack a small block in the corner of the opening for the door to stop on. My wife asks why can't I just use a clear silicon bumper. The reveal is small enough I could stick one to the top or side of the cabinet but I think it would eventually get knocked off. Anyone else delt with this and had a clever idea?
When I had that situation on a small vanity I screwed small blocks to the the back of the faceframe at the top.  I think I had to cut a small rabbet on the parts where the door would strike so that the doors were even front to back after I stuck silicone bumpers to them.  

John
(03-31-2021, 06:07 PM)CEPenworks Wrote: I have some small inset doors where there is nothing to stop the door when closing. I am using blum hinges. the only thing I have been able to come up with is to tack a small block in the corner of the opening for the door to stop on. My wife asks why can't I just use a clear silicon bumper. The reveal is small enough I could stick one to the top or side of the cabinet but I think it would eventually get knocked off. Anyone else delt with this and had a clever idea?

What about a stop block right next to the hinge?  If you stop the door motion there, it can't overswing into the case.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
FastCap makes these stoppers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEEP7r-0Miw

They are available many places including Amazon.  But there are cheaper locations for larger quantities.

https://www.amazon.com/FastCap-Stops-Ins...B007IT1PIW

Blum makes a version too, but I don't know what it is called.

I like the stops at the top of the cabinet, but not at the bottom.  It will become a "tripping" hazard as you remove stuff from the cabinet.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
With a face frame; screw a washer (or penny) to the back, cover exposed half with felt pad. Frameless; drill for and glue shelf clip in place, add felt or rubber bumper.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(04-20-2021, 05:09 PM)bradjones1979 Wrote: We use a small clear plastic cylinder that has a spot to put a screen in it. We'd place it at the top first but if that's not convient then we put it on the deck of the cabinet.

BAM....... SPAMMER !!!!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-am...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]