help with deck/patio design
(04-03-2021, 07:41 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Also, can you even get 24 ft lumber right now?

I don't think so. I'd have to join two 12' somehow
(04-03-2021, 07:43 AM)mound Wrote: I don't think so. I'd have to join two 12' somehow

You will have to do that over a column or a beam.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(04-03-2021, 11:46 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: You will have to do that over a column or a beam.

That works out well to use 8 and/or 16 footers. I'll plan everything based on the material I can get.
Simplified the 6' ends

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for all the tips! The deck (err, "patio" technically) is done.  Framed out as described in the earlier SketchUp drawings, with the simplified blocking at the short ends.

Attached Files Image(s)

Turned out great

Everything vinyl?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Looks very nice.
I like the contrast in colors
Thanks!

The trim boards are PVC, the decking is "Duralife" brand composite, it uses a new and very cool/easy "Step clip" hidden fastener system a friend recommended to me:

https://duralifedecking.com/composite-de...step-clip/