Another design question - drawer bed
Last night I found my two year old slumped over in her rocking chair, sleeping peacefully like a drunken grandfather. The problem is that I very specifically put her in her crib not long before that. We somewhat rushed with the oldest and she was in a regular bed about five months earlier, so she didn't have time to climb out. This one did.

[Image: crib.jpg]
This is the crib. I'd like to make it into a drawer-type bed, with storage drawers on each side in place of the box spring. This wasn't my original intent when I made the crib, or otherwise I would have made part of the footboard solid. All designs that I see have no slats on the front or, if they do, they start at mattress level. 

The only thing I can think of doing is putting another bubinga panel just behind the footboard slats (maybe a few inches for a "3D" effect) to make it look uniform. This is somewhat necessary anyway since the drawer slides need to mount somewhere. I don't think it will look strange (might even look cool). Are there any other options that come to mind? Besides just doing a traditional design, I mean. Girls, as those of you who have them know, seem to amass about fifteen to twenty times as much clothing as men, so storage will be at a premium.