Milwaukee 18v versus 18 Fuel?
So I need to replace a bunch of my Dewalt 18v. 

Going with Milwaukee
 Are the Fuel ones that much better?  I see combo kits. You get a bunch more tools (or spend less) on the non Fuel 18V
I would definitely go with the fuel.   Brushless, longer life of tool, longer batttery run time, more power. Plus you can often find sales that make fuel prices at or below non fuel tools. Keep an eye out on slickdeals and similar sites. Milwaukee deals posted on semi daily basis.

Also if you plan on getting an impact driver check out the surge models.  Much quieter but less peak power.
I switched to M18 and really like the tools.

Fuel if I had a pro shop, but not necessary for the average person.

The impact/drill/recip combo is a good starter pkg. The drill has impact capability.
I have the M18, have had for many, many years
No issues at all
Also really like the tools
I have the Milwaukee 15 gage angle nailer.  Very handy and I don't have to lug around the compressor.  My old P-C 15 gage was never reliable and I retired it when it started shooting two nails per trigger pull.

One problem:  It is supposed to shoot 2½" nails.  But the Bostich nails did not fit.  I will measure them with a vernier.  I don't know if it is the nails or the gun.  It is supposed to shoot 2½" nails.  It seems like I need another 0.010" clearance. 

I also have the 18 gage pin nailer.  Both are a pleasure to use.  And surprisingly light.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I would go with the Fuel tools if I was buying.

For the same reason I seek out brushless DeWalt 20V tools.
You are aware DeWalt makes an adapter to use 20v max batteries on old 18v tools...

Ed
(04-07-2021, 12:31 AM)EdL Wrote: You are aware DeWalt makes an adapter to use 20v max batteries on old 18v tools...

Ed

Yep. I have 4 20v batteries and two adapters. Got. a great deal on them at rocker. They had a sale while back and a credit for bringing in an old 18v battery

I do find that I can't leave my 20v battery in the adapter hooked to the tool or it will drain the battery