Amazing smoke tree burl bowl
Turning this log I found in my friends fire pile into an amazing 9.5x6in american smoke tree burl bowl with a little bit of Alumilite resin
The guys would pee their pants to turn that if I would bring that home to turn for them.

Great find and turning as well.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Great turning and amazing firewood find. It is sad to think about how many pieces of amazing wood like that have gone up in smoke. You did it proud.
There was more in the pile, I told him not to burn any thing with a burl on it and we will go through his pile when it gets warmer
Let me know if he wants to sell a burl or two.  the guys would love it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
In 30 years of turning, almost all the wood I've used has been from a firewood pile or found in a ditch along the road.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.