Happy Easter
This year's "basket":

''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
how did you burn the bowl
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-05-2021, 12:15 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: how did you burn the bowl

After turning and removing from the lathe - propane torch moving quickly to try to char without setting the whole thing on fire (working outside away from flammables). Only had to blow the bowl out twice. Then used a wire wheel in a rotary tool tool to remove the softened early wood. Was going for a rustic nest-like basket so never bothered sanding. The wood was ash (even before the flames hit it).
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
(04-05-2021, 03:44 PM)imapseudonym Wrote: The wood was ash (even before the flames hit it).

Laugh 
Laugh

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(04-05-2021, 04:44 PM)shoottmx Wrote:
Laugh 
Laugh

g

I thought it was humorous as well. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.