Anybody use "811" successfully?
RESULTS:

I needed to dig a 1' deep "French Drain" beside my driveway.  House is 500' from road because of flood plain restrictions.

Water company sent out a truck who carefully marked 24" water line that is buried 12' deep -- 500 feet away from where I want to dig.  

Power company came out and I met driver and told him I had buried the lines 30" deep (per their instructions) so they didn't need to mark it.

Cable TV folks decided that repair crew that had been out there two days earlier meant their ticket was taken care of.  They were the reason I called -- they only buried line 4" deep and I had hit it trying to smooth out flower bed.  Hope I can find the line without cutting it.
Rolleyes

Seems the system here in KY is set up assuming everything is within 100' of public road because you can only mark dig locations within a "blue zone" on the map and I was well outside. that zone on private drive.

Just love dealing with bureaucrats and their subordinates that don't want to think about what customers tell them
No
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)