Anybody ever refinished a tub?
(07-01-2021, 03:54 AM)RobHRN Wrote: Hi! Perfectly done! Yes, due to our practice, the price is 300-500$. Job for half of a day. Wild Turkey, Just find a local contractor with high reviews from the customers
All the best

SPAMMER

BAM
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Did a clawfoot many years ago using an epoxy spray kit suggested by a pro- a bit expensive.

The sanding, washing, sanding, acid, washing, primer, mixing and spraying......  Turned out very good and it is still being used in an old B&B historic house in New Braunfels and looks good.

BUT

I would now hire a pro to do it knowing all the work involved. A big problem was insects or dust- can't have not one tiny speck of dust or little gnat fly into your paint, and it was springtime.
No

The good looking do over does not really exist.
we are using a Fine Fixtures Drop bath tub. Used armoglaze bath refinishing kit to repair a cracked fiberglass tub/shower bottom. Repaired the crack with fiberglass repair material and then painted the area with this material to cover the repair and the entire bottom which was nonslip. URL DELETED results were very good and the nonslip even better than the original.
About three years ago, had our 1970s yellow (gold?) colored bathtub changed to American Standard white. Older gentleman came in with a bunch of acids and redid the tub.  Looks great.  Definitely need a well ventilated space and then some.  First question was what color did I want the tub to be? Me-White.  What kind of white? Not knowing better, just pointed to the relatively new toilet, which was an American Standard.  He matched it perfectly.  Cost $400.  Had to let it dry/harden for three days before use, but smell was gone after first day.
Paid a guy on Facebook to redo a sink. He used something purchased from Menards. It did not turn out well. He had photos of jobs he had done that looked good but mine came out awful. Not sure if it was him, my sink, or the product.  All this to say, I'd hire a pro, buy new, or live with it.