New water heater- sulphur smell
(04-13-2021, 08:00 PM)goaliedad Wrote: The water conditioner is a basic salt based water Softner.    
When I am here alone the smell is obvious. With my wife here, and doing laundry the smell goes away. I picked up an aluminum anode- will install it tomorrow and report back

Have had good luck with using 7% Hydrogen peroxide, since your replacing anode rod, would be a good time to shock the tank. Off the shelf at drug stores, etc. is 3%. Got mine at water treatment co. If you decide to go this route pour a half gallon in tank after removing existing anode, draw down enough water to accommodate.

Install new anode and let sit 2 hours. If electric turn off power, if gas turn to pilot. turn water supply to w.h. on and flush all faucets in house. Then power back up. I wish you the best of luck removing anode, if you have a 1/2 in. Impact Wrench it's not so bad, if not a large breaker bar.

Good luck!!!
(04-13-2021, 08:00 PM)goaliedad Wrote: The water conditioner is a basic salt based water Softner.    
When I am here alone the smell is obvious. With my wife here, and doing laundry the smell goes away. I picked up an aluminum anode- will install it tomorrow and report back

Let us know if it works. If it doesn't, pick up a water test kit at the hardware store. That will tell you where to start.

Are you in a well?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

RV owners have dealt with this problem for years. Quite often it is caused by leaving water in the water heater for extended periods. A chlorine rinse may not be necessary to get rid of the spell -- just a water flush. I have never had to use a chlorine rinse. I hook up city water and flush the entire system.

Worth a try.
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.