Removing old, stuck deck screws
(12-06-2021, 06:01 AM)jesscaper Wrote: You have to use a vise, clamp the screws in it, and pull them out (one at a time, as soon as they start to move). Again, you probably have to be very careful when removing the screw.

Confused
Laugh
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

It’s another zombie. I’ve seen several in the past week.
VH07V  
A wrecking bar will pull the decking off the screws. You don't need to cut around it. After that you have several options for getting rid of the screws. It is much easier to do without the wood around them. A good whack with a framing hammer usually just snaps them off.

(04-08-2021, 01:20 PM)joe1086 Wrote: Been there, done that. Carbide tipped oscillating blade. Get under the decking and cut the screw at the joist. Any screw stub can be whacked into the joist.

These are the ones I use. Not cheap but you can zip thru a screw in a few seconds. Use the whole blade so you don't wear out just a few teeth and the blade lasts longer.

I picked up a couple blades for the Fein today it was near $100.  I have to be more careful with them going forward. I was a bit surprised they are about 4 times what I got them for last time.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.