Hanging display box for spoon collection
To the collective, I am building a case (12X18 inches) for my grand daughters spoon collection.  The box was easy.  I routed grooves inside the vertical sides for 2 removable shelves.  The shelves have slots every inch.  The shelf is 6 inches deep.  Every other slot is 4.5 inches deep and the alternate is 2 inches deep.  I drilled a 1/4 inch hole at the end of each slot.  The spoon slides in sideways then one turns it so the bowl faces to the front.  The problem is the bowl leans forward and cannot be viewed.  My question is how do I keep the spoons upright?  I have tried a number if ideas including end holes at 45 degrees.  Didn't work.  Would welcome any thoughts or ideas.
Can you put a small hidden stop that would be hidden behind the spoon stem to hold it in the position you desire?
We inherited my mother-n-law's spoon collection.  Our spoons hang from the handle, but I kinda like the idea of hanging by the bowl.  Not sure, but there could be a weight/balance issue on the shorter spoons if they were hanging by the bowl.

Good luke, let us know what works for you.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
You could hot glue a small stub to the back panel behind the handle to change the angle.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Consider a small dab of museum wax on the back of the bowl and affix it to the back of the cabinet if that doesn’t pull it back too far
I second the idea of a post (dowel) behind the handle of each spoon.  Drill an 1/8" hole in line with the wide portion of the handle.  Cut a section of 1 /8" dowel to the length needed to hold each spoon vertical, insert into the hole, but no glue.  Change spoons, change supporting dowel (length) as needed.

If you change the spoon and need the supporting post higher or lower, stick one of the filler buttons in the old hole, or flush cut a dowel plug.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
When I was a picture framer and I had that type of work to hang, I would use a mat board as a backer and I would poke small holes in the board and using a big sewing needle and some fine gage nylon fishing line I would "sew" each piece in place and tie off at the back.  The fishing line is nearly invisible and will not damage the metal.  The hard part will be tying the knots tightly.

I would tie it as best I could and then add a dab of glue to the knot to make sure it did not work its way loose. 

I don't know what you are using for a backer, with the mat board I had a choice of hundreds of colors and I could poke the hole with a sharp pin.  You can also glue linen or silk to the board for a classy look.  But still, I am back to the nylon fishing line.  It is secure.

Thing gage aluminum wire would also work and that you can just twist.  I would worry that it might corrode and damage the finish on the spoons.  The nylon is almost 100% inert and will be safe. 

If you use fabric, wash it first to eliminate any of the sizing the is applied to the fabric during manufacture.  Do not use fabric softener and then iron after and glue to the backing board.

If you are going directly to a wood backer, use shellac for a finish.  It is also inert and will look good.  It will not be subject to any abuse so it will be plenty durable enough.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
You could try a bevel at the back of the hole you drilled. Alternatively, you could glue a small square dowel underneath the shelf do that the spoon handle could not rotate backwards, keeping the bowl uptight.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!