PSA - New Veritas Hining Guide Selling Now
(04-14-2021, 07:20 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Trying hard not to run out of this one..... but we are certainly holding the release of a ton of other new product right now. 

Some workflows through the shop aren't constrained though - so there will still be a trickle of new items. Our specific issue is staffing now -  we have about 20 machinist/machine shop positions open, which has really impacted our ability to produce.

We are avoiding casual labor to keep "pods" of staff safe during COVID - so that makes it very difficult to flex.

To date - we have not had a single case of work-related transmission in any of our stores or facilities.... and that's a record we'd like to preserve.

Cheers - 

Rob

Rob, that is a record worthy of boasting about! Congratulations! Would that all employers had the same concerns for their people. Sadly this is not the case. We won't talk about governments. You've had to assemble an awesome team to work from home and still tackle the supply chain issues, employee safety issues, and all the noise in your forecasting models. I am sure that some of the demand increase comes from life style changes and some from temporary bubbles; but which is which?

Getting to be that time of year when home can be the lake again - at least down here it is.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(04-14-2021, 07:04 PM)cputnam Wrote: (snip)

Getting to be that time of year when home can be the lake again - at least down here it is.

Hi Curt - 

I hear that.... it's good to look out a different window for a change. We'd be up working at the lake now, if we weren't under stay at home orders for another 3 weeks. 

Been working from home (or cottage) for more than a year now.... and it's starting to get a bit old.....

Cheers - 

Rob
(04-15-2021, 11:11 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Hi Curt - 

I hear that.... it's good to look out a different window for a change. We'd be up working at the lake now, if we weren't under stay at home orders for another 3 weeks. 

Been working from home (or cottage) for more than a year now.... and it's starting to get a bit old.....

Cheers - 

Rob

Robin, speaking of looking out the window… how is that DX60 looking about now? We need an update!
 we have about 20 machinist/machine shop positions open, which has really impacted our ability to produce.

I agree with this statement 100 percent. And Covid hasn't been any real problem here in Charles City Iowa. The employees where I work, part time, have follower all the guide lines. No problems, they didn't want it either.

I also applaud Lee for developing a new product during these troubling times. 

Tom
(04-15-2021, 06:26 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: Robin, speaking of looking out the window… how is that DX60 looking about now? We need an update!

Hi Greg - 

I think you mean the polished one (NX60)....

Still on delay. Have the tooling - but not the capacity to run it - so can't even quote a date.

We do have more CNC equipment on order - but are still short of staff to run everything. We will have to pare back the line for a period of time, until we can get more capacity on line. 

Cheers - 

Rob

(trivia - 1 Jack Rabbet plane consumes 177.59 minutes of machine  time )
(04-18-2021, 10:06 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Hi Greg - 

I think you mean the polished one (NX60)....

Still on delay. Have the tooling - but not the capacity to run it - so can't even quote a date.

We do have more CNC equipment on order - but are still short of staff to run everything. We will have to pare back the line for a period of time, until we can get more capacity on line. 

Cheers - 

Rob

(trivia - 1 Jack Rabbet plane consumes 177.59 minutes of machine  time )
I did mean the NX60, my mistake. I have the DX60, but I am curious about your personal NX60. Is it still on your window sill?
(04-18-2021, 05:36 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: I did mean the NX60, my mistake. I have the DX60, but I am curious about your personal NX60. Is it still on your window sill?

Yes it is!

One of the first we ever made - and it's been sitting outside since then. When we get it back in production, I'm going to clean it up on video....

Pic taken 2 minutes ago..... it's been there since Nov 2012.

Cheers - 

Rob
Nice patina! Looking forward to seeing the cleanup one day.
OK, I must have missed the back story.

What is the purpose of putting the plane outside?

Some sort of destructive testing?
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(04-15-2021, 11:11 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: I hear that.... it's good to look out a different window for a change. We'd be up working at the lake now, if we weren't under stay at home orders for another 3 weeks. 

Hi Rob,

Where's your place at?  We used to have place on Stoney Lake in the Kawathas (for over a hundred years), but sold it back in 2008. For us it was paradise, and we made the trip up there all the way from Houston every year. I saved every bit of work time off through the year to allow us to get as much as possible at the lake. It was worth it, 'cause we'd be there for 3-4 weeks. I spent summers up there with my grand-parents when I was a kid. My wife and I still reminisce about it almost every day; it was a huge part of our lives.  Many folks these days have no clue what cottaging is all about. It's sad that so few can't manage to have the experience.
Cliff
ex-TX, now Maine!