Ripping twisted walnut?
(04-14-2021, 10:25 AM)mdhills Wrote: Sounds like you're all set.
I'd recommend doing your initial milling oversize, then sticker and see what the wood does after resting for a day or two.

What are you planning to make with this windfall?

The next room I plan to work on is the living room. I was going to do it in hard maple since I bought a bunch before prices on everything shot up. Now I'm thinking of combining the walnut with the hard maple. I'm still not sure what I want in the living room, so nothing is even on paper yet. 

I think with all the suggestions I got here, I will have the walnut dimensioned in short order. My mind seems to work better when I'm standing in saw dust. 
Smile

---
See ya later,
Bill
(04-13-2021, 11:02 AM)Bill_de Wrote: DUH! 

Thank you so much!  I have a 14" Powermatic in good working condition.

Absolutely. I've never heard of a band saw kick back.
Neither a band saw nor a track saw will kick back dangerously the way a table saw wwil. The bandsaw will be easier to use as a ripper.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(04-16-2021, 07:14 PM)cputnam Wrote: Neither a band saw nor a track saw will kick back dangerously the way a table saw wwil.  The bandsaw will be easier to use as a ripper.

The bandsaw worked like a charm! The jointer will be cranked up this afternoon if all goes as planned. 

---
See ya later,
Bill
[attachment=34921 Wrote:kurt18947 pid='7975500' dateline='1618480450']
Absolutely. I've never heard of a band saw kick back.

Your bandsaw suggestion did give me a good head start. These boards have been face and edge jointed, took a trip to the table saw, and ended the day getting a bit thinner in the DeWalt planer. 

---

Attached Files Image(s)

See ya later,
Bill
Maple and walnut are my favourite combination of domestics.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.