Help with fixing finish
6-7 years ago I made a rustic dining table for my daughter that has seen daily family use with 2 children. The wood is Chestnut that came out of a Pa barn.  I wanted to keep as much of the patina as i could , I didn’t plane or sand the top completely flat.  Knowing it would get hard use I finished it with GF Crystalac , it has worn through at the ridges of the grain.

One way to do this is to wipe on some oil based stain over the worn area. Of course, wiping it off will remove it from the finished areas, but leave color in the worn areas. If it is too light, try a second application. If still too light, try a slightly darker color. Do this until you get the color you want. Then add another couple of coats of Crystalac. You may want to start out with a light sanding with 220-320 grit to smooth the warn areas and give the rest a little "tooth" for the new coats to grab onto.