Lithium Ion

Okay, all my DeWalt batteries are on their way out. I have 7 or 8 of them. These are the old style 18 volt batteries. 
Should I but the adapter and new batteries or just give up on the old tools and get a new boxed set?
I need an impact driver, a hammer drill, a sawzall and a 4" cut off grinder. 

What is the best option?
  Re: Lithium Ion by LandRover (Okay, all my DeWalt ...)
What's the "Account not Activated" thing under my name? Did I skip something while registering?
Go with lithium ion batteries
Last longer and no battery memory like the old ni-cads
....the measure of a man is not what he does when others are around, it is what he does when no one is around.....
I have the adapter and really like how the old 18 volt runs with the new batteries
Both!!!

Get the adapter for seldom used tools.

Upgrade to 20v brushless for regularly used.

On the grinder you will notice a huge difference with brushless.

For hammerdrill and maybe saw consider 20V Advantage.  The Flexvolt barreries are pretty schookum
Vaping Bad.........
  Re: RE: Lithium Ion by LandRover (What's the "Account ...)
(04-14-2021, 04:04 PM)LandRover Wrote: What's the "Account not Activated" thing under my name? Did I skip something while registering?

When one registers, the process had been to send out an email to the address of record used for the registration. That email contains a link to verify that the registrant is a real person and not a bot. Unfortunately, the WN email system has had a problem for quite a while. So, those emails were not making it to the inboxes.

Lately, the most common way to get an account activated is to post a request in the "activate account" thread in the "Questions about using the WoodNet forum features" forum.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I've been where you are. I bit the bullet and made the switch. I've never regretted the change or the money spent since.

The only consideration I would have is if you want to switch platform. Check out what Milwaukee or the other brands offer as they have some tools better then the current Dewalt mix.
WoodNET... the new safespace
There’s really no advantage to keeping your current tools and upgrading the batteries only.  

By the time you buy new batteries AND a charger - you’ll have the same $$$ invested as if you just bought a new kit with the tools , batteries and charger.  The new tools are essentially free.  

As some have already mentioned, you’ll also get new tech with new tools. The most important of which is the circuitry that monitors and keeps the batteries from destroying themselves.  

I think a field trip is order to test drive the various drills , because as also mentioned , you may find the Makita, or Milwaukee platforms a better alternative.  The Depot carries all three brands.
Another brand is the new Flex line at Lowes.

New tools from a older trusted brand.  Ego is there big brand which I do not have but I have Skilsaw and Kobalt.

Flex is to new to have deals yet but I'm sure they will be coming.  We don't have Home Depots here but you can't swing a dead cat cat without hitting a Lowes.

I've personally not even seen them but the Youtube videos are impressive.
Vaping Bad.........
Quote:Another brand is the new Flex line at Lowes.

Oh, yipeee skippee.
Why would anyone want to roll the dice on a new brand making new tools for a new retail channel ?   Confused
Especially when you'd be downgrading on quality from what you currently had.   No