Autumn vase
An autumn inspired 10.5in wood/ resin hybrid vase with some random swamp wood and Alumilite resin
(04-15-2021, 10:27 PM)mtrainer90 Wrote: An autumn inspired 10.5in wood/ resin hybrid vase with some random swamp wood and Alumilite resin
I'm new to turning (30 years experience in woodworking, just new to turning). It looks like they're using an auger bit then a forstner bit to plow out the bulk of the inside. What hand gouge is being used afterwards?
Jim
(04-21-2021, 08:31 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I'm new to turning (30 years experience in woodworking, just new to turning). It looks like they're using an auger bit then a forstner bit to plow out the bulk of the inside. What hand gouge is being used afterwards?

It's a carbide hollower
(04-23-2021, 09:16 PM)mtrainer90 Wrote: It's a carbide hollower

Looks like an EZ Woods hollower.  Good tools.  Good job on the turning.  I like this one the best.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill