Adding a dormer to add interest to house
That's a nice looking house as is.
Instead of a dormer perhaps break up the garage roof with a big, lovely looking solar panel?
At least then you'd be putting the space to use.
Another question, what is the style of the other homes in the neighborhood?

Don’t want yours to be completely different and stick out.....
(04-19-2021, 08:10 AM)Mking143 Wrote: That's a nice looking house as is.
Instead of a dormer perhaps break up the garage roof with a big, lovely looking solar panel?
At least then you'd be putting the space to use.

Thanks. We'd consider solar on the back but not on the front.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(04-19-2021, 08:51 AM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Another question, what is the style of the other homes in the neighborhood?

Don’t want yours to be completely different and stick out.....

The neighborhood is quite eclectic, many styles of which ours is one of the more "normal". That said, we're barely visible from the road and are working to be completely not visible.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Snow load has to be a major consideration.  The pitch of the main roof is quite steep so I looked for the location, and I see you are in Maine.  

If I were adding a dormer I would consider a more traditional looking one that would shed snow more easily.

[Image: DSCF2264edited-1024x768.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-18-2021, 07:15 AM)shoottmx Wrote: It's a cove off of Casco Bay, Maine, we have a straight water shot to the Atlantic. Just realized my location isn't in my profile, will fix that.

Thanks for the black window tip.

g

Beautiful
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS