Changing 15Amp Breaker to 20Amp
(04-19-2021, 11:48 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Don't use the power strip

Yes... that was an oopsie on my part.
(04-19-2021, 11:44 AM)bpatters69 Wrote: I bought the Dewalt DW735 Planer and I was planning Poplar. I connected the planer to a Stanley 6 Plug, power strip and it tripped the breaker on the power strip. The strip is old so I don't know how many Amps it is rated for. I am guessing 15 at best. Along with the planer, I have 3 shop lights that are also plugged into the strip and they were all on. I should not have connected the planer to the strip, I should have connected it directly to the outlet. I looked at the breaker and it is a 15Amp breaker. 

I did run the planer after I connected it directly to the outlet vs the Stanley power strip. The breaker never tripped so that was good. I never take much off on any pass. I usually only turn the wheel 1/4" turn which is less than 1/16" of an inch.

I am probably over reacting as the planer is new but if I can change the breaker to 20Amp without much fuss, I will do it. According to the manual, the planer only needs 15Amps but I have read that it is better to use it with 20Amps.

Thanks, Bill

Have an electrician run a dedicated 20 amp circuit for your power tools.

Yes
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]