Ogam Mult rip Machine
Photo 
Hi.

I have a multirip machine which is now giving me lots of headache. After rippingc most of the woods are not straight. After inspection, it seems like the chain is moving slanted. I have asked one machine repair guy to service this machine. After servicing, is much better than last time. But then after weeks of usage, the wood curved again (Not straight).

What actually could be the problem? I ask the repair guy and he told me my production guy has go to press hard and guide the wood until is halfway in then he can release. But then now after many tries, it no more working.

I am wondering if the spocket the problem? but cannot be because at 1st , the cutting is straight but now is not. Another question, could it be the chain guide?

Anyone with experience with this machine please help.

I am not sure how to post picture here. So the macine is PO 280 OGAM.

Thanks
Try posting this question on woodweb.  That site is more for the wood industry trades and people that have probably had experience with your particular machine.

My only experience is with a Mareen Johnson 380DC. I can tell you it was easy to operate, just align it and feed the stock.  It should not require holding the board halfway through the cut in my opinion.

My only guess is the pressure rollers may need to be adjusted.
(04-20-2021, 07:45 AM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: Try posting this question on woodweb.  That site is more for the wood industry trades and people that have probably had experience with your particular machine.

My only experience is with a Mareen Johnson 380DC. I can tell you it was easy to operate, just align it and feed the stock.  It should not require holding the board halfway through the cut in my opinion.

My only guess is the pressure rollers may need to be adjusted.

Thanks for your reply.

How will pressure rollers caused it to go slanted? Care to explain?

As long the gang belt is align straight, isnt it and feed that goes in will be straight?

I will post it at woodweb but would like to hear from everyone here on this issue.

Thanks
You mentioned you had the chain adjusted recently so I figured other variables can be at play.  Chain should always be the first variable to review.
Pressure rollers that contact the board at different heights or dont feed at the same rate as the chain for whatever reason(bad bearings, wear, gunk etc) can introduce stress on the board and the blades as the chain is ramming to board through.
You could also have build up on/ around the blade collars not causing a good tight fit on the arbor.  Maybe the blades are overheating and warping as the board is pushing through the blades to due feed stress, see above.
Maybe you have inadequate lubrication and or dust extraction and chips are causing issues or build up of pitch, dull blades etc.  There are a lot of variables to evaluate.
Your best option is to find someone with experience on your specific machine, either an operator or tech to assess why you are having issues.
Good luck, regards.