not wanting a yellow finish
Hello there wood workers. I have a finishing question. I have made a coffee table for my screened in outdoor porch. The top is made of a product from Lowes, a sort of "re-claimed wood" like a fake barn wood planking for a wall covering. It comes in a few colors or shades. Mine is "sun bleached white. I have put a few coats of spray poly on it. It's ok, but it has turned somewhat yellow. I miss the "white" of the unfinished wood. If I sanded the poly off, would using a Danish oil or Tung type of wipe on finish be a better choice than a brush on lacquer or shellac, or my poly coat? I guess my question is what won't yellow? Thank you for your time.
take your pick: enduro clear or conversion varnish
https://generalfinishes.com/wood-finishe...ng-sealers
Pretty much something that it made with or contain oils. Even some of the water borne finishes have a tint that mimics an their oil based counterpart, so check the label (it's usually spelled out) of any product you consider.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It turned yellow because the spray poly and possibly the factory finish if there is one don't have UV absorbers in them.  You need a finish that has those UV absorbers in it.  Marine varnishes do but they are inherently yellow to start with so they are not an option.  Sherwin Williams Kem Aqua Plus is one waterborne product I know of that has a good UV absorber package in it and is water clear.  It's an interior product but will be fine as long as the table is not exposed to rain, snow, etc.  If you want a higher level of protection then you need to look at a 2K Poly - ie automotive clearcoat.  

John
If you sand off the finish there is a good chance you will sand off the "reclaimed" aspect of the boards too.  Test in an inconspicuous spot.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Wood ages and darkens/lightens regardless of the finish.

Leave it alone.