CMT trim bit
Have you ever seen a trim bit like this?  Why would you want it?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
  Re: CMT trim bit by Cooler (Have you ever seen a...)
For trimming pieces with a thin veneer face.   Prevents tear out or separation of the delicate veneer.
Lots of bucks (Euros) for that specialty unless you are running a business.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
  Re: CMT trim bit by Cooler (Have you ever seen a...)
Bits using the same concept but slightly different design variations are available from a number of vendors.
  Re: CMT trim bit by Cooler (Have you ever seen a...)
Its called a compression bit and it prevents chip-out and fuzz on both sides of the board edge. Both sides are always sheared towards the center. I do not have one of these but can think of a time or two it would have been handy.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
  Re: RE: CMT trim bit by KyleD (Its called a compres...)
Its intended for double sided laminate.

I wouldn't use it on veneer, I'd use a spiral down cut.

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.