WTB Jet 14" riser block
Anyone out there have a riser block for a Jet 14" bandsaw that they would be willing to part with?
Hell with it, ordered one from Rockler
(04-23-2021, 07:32 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: Hell with it, ordered one from Rockler

The Grizzly riser supposedly works, if they still sell it, but appears you're set.  (EDIT: I just checked Rockler and the genuine Jet riser is about the same price as the Grizzly - which is surprising.)

This is definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

And, a recommended supplier for longer blades is Timberwolf:
https://www.timberwolfblades.com/
Depending on the age of your jet 14, the indexing pins may or may not line up with your saw. I had to remove mine. Saw still works fine without them but I should probably drill a hole for at least one pin to prevent possible rotation of the top casting. Enjoy the upgrade!!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(04-26-2021, 10:11 AM)alanealane Wrote: Depending on the age of your jet 14, the indexing pins may or may not line up with your saw. I had to remove mine. Saw still works fine without them but I should probably drill a hole for at least one pin to prevent possible rotation of the top casting. Enjoy the upgrade!!

FWIW, I installed a genuine Delta riser on my Delta 14" bandaw and the pins didnt line up either so I just pulled them out based on the recommendation from anothger member here.  Given how much I had secured the large bolt joining everything back together, I'd be surprised if anything would budge under normal use.  Haven't had an issue for the several users its been in place.

[Image: IMG_1855.jpg]
My riser kit from Rockler arrived in TWO days. Was I surprised.