Milescraft exaxtor vs Kreg Multi-mark
(05-08-2021, 07:35 AM)KyleD Wrote: There is a quick way to check the levels. simply hold the level against a surface and note where the bubble is on the vial. Shim it to read level if you do not want to try and remember where the bubble reads otherwise. Now turn the level 180 degrees and read it again. Whatever difference there is between the two readings is double the error the bubble has. 
P.S. this does not work well for curved vials.

OK.  I understand the concept and I will check them.  There are two vials on the Milescraft and one on the Kreg, so they are not exactly the same.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
This is what I use
Also plus 1 on using my Starrett combo squares
(05-10-2021, 11:28 AM)MT Woodworker Wrote: This is what I use
Also plus 1 on using my Starrett combo squares

I also have a pair of Starrett combination squares.  Reliably accurate and a pleasure to work with.  The angle wright unit looks to be another quality tool.  But with a landed cost of about $150.00 vs a cost of $8.00 is is tough to justify.  Especially since the $8.00 tool seems to be quite accurate enough for the cabinet work I usually do.

http://www.21stcenturyscientific.com/anglewright.html

I do find their warning inadequate:  TO PREVENT ACCIDENTS: ALL ADJUSTMENTS ON POWER TOOLS MUST BE DONE WITH THE POWER TURNED OFF.

My policy is to unplug the table saw to measure the blade height.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-11-2021, 08:07 AM)Cooler Wrote: I also have a pair of Starrett combination squares.  Reliably accurate and a pleasure to work with.  The angle wright unit looks to be another quality tool.  But with a landed cost of about $150.00 vs a cost of $8.00 is is tough to justify.  Especially since the $8.00 tool seems to be quite accurate enough for the cabinet work I usually do.

http://www.21stcenturyscientific.com/anglewright.html

I do find their warning inadequate:  TO PREVENT ACCIDENTS: ALL ADJUSTMENTS ON POWER TOOLS MUST BE DONE WITH THE POWER TURNED OFF.

My policy is to unplug the table saw to measure the blade height. I was fortunate I received it as a gift... 
I was fortunate I received it as a gift.
Yes a very good quality tool