Miter box help
Hello, long time lurker. I recently acquired a Stanley 60 miter box that I’m attempting to get in decent working condition. The main problem I’m having is getting the saw to cut plumb. It’s quite a ways out and I’m at a loss on how to adjust it. I took everything apart when I got it so it’s possible I didn’t get it back together properly. Hoping someone has the same box and can help me troubleshoot. Pic attached if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Image(s)

Is the blade sharp?
(04-24-2021, 02:46 PM)uiact23 Wrote: Hello, long time lurker. I recently acquired a Stanley 60 miter box that I’m attempting to get in decent working condition. The main problem I’m having is getting the saw to cut plumb. It’s quite a ways out and I’m at a loss on how to adjust it. I took everything apart when I got it so it’s possible I didn’t get it back together properly. Hoping someone has the same box and can help me troubleshoot. Pic attached if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Here are the instructions
https://support.stanleytools.com/hc/en-u...ons-19-060-
As hinted above, I would tend to suspect a bit of asymmetry on the blade teeth filing.   Another idea:  A slick wood deck might be letting the workpiece move laterally.  My own miter box has a spiky metal deck.

Good luck tuning!
Chris
Thanks to all. I think I may have identified the issue from the manual that was linked. Now I hopefully just need to find some replacement parts at the hardware store. Thanks again!