Gents saws
Hi Guy,

today I finished to saws, Alex has made the handles:

the usuall Gents Saw

[Image: IMG_20210424_181325.jpg]

and a differnnt saw. Pull saw 16 tpi backward tapered blade. Long handle form ripple birch (firewood in a rent holiday house)
is that a dozuki?

[Image: IMG_20210424_182349.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20210424_182402.jpg]

oval handle

[Image: IMG_20210424_182419.jpg]

Cheers
Pedder
Beautiful work as always, Pedder! Is the top handle pear wood?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Pedder, are you breaking into the Asian pull saw market? That is a sweet looking tool!
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
(04-24-2021, 05:19 PM)Aram Wrote: Beautiful work as always, Pedder! Is the top handle pear wood?

(04-24-2021, 06:34 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Pedder, are you breaking into the Asian pull saw market? That is a sweet looking tool!

Thank you Guys! And yes it is pear!
(04-25-2021, 01:09 AM)Pedder Wrote: Thank you Guys! And yes it is pear!

Nice work as always, Pedder. Did you use western filing on the pull saw? I played around a bit with them using western filing and finer pitches. 18 to 20 ppi. Never really came to a decision on them.
BontzSawWorks.net
Both saws are very, very nice. I am sure they cut fantastic as well.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Thank you! we really are happy to read your feedback!

(04-25-2021, 02:04 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Nice work as always, Pedder. Did you use western filing on the pull saw? I played around a bit with them using western filing and finer pitches. 18 to 20 ppi. Never really came to a decision on them.

Hei Ron!

This is a western style crosscut on the pull stroke. 16 tpi as I can not see the teeth on finer saws that good to file them crosscut.

Cheers
Pedder
Awesome.  Gents saws are my favorite to use for fine cuts.