Underbench Cabinet: drawers 3 and 4
[Image: proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inthewo...fbc058ce89]

Moving across to top right. This is a drawer for wheel cutting gauges ...

[Image: 6.jpg]

I went through many ideas before coming up with this design. Simple, but effective for access and keeping the gauges from moving around.

[Image: 7.jpg]

Two Tite Marks with fine adjusters and two Veritas gauges (these were a steal several years ago - Anniversary gauges in stainless steel. Brilliant!). The gauge at the front is one I built. My idea of Veritas-going-Japanese 
Smile

[Image: 5.jpg]

Everything is removable. The slots for the arms were made with a fluting blade in a Veritas Combination Plane ...

[Image: 8.jpg]

Drawer #4 was much more work. Much more.

This is the middle drawer, second row. The drawer above holds large squares. This drawer holds more squares, small ones for joinery ....

[Image: 9.jpg]

The only way to keep these from moving around in a drawer is to french fit them ...

[Image: 11.jpg]

The little "dot" at the top end is a rare earth magnet. This is to keep extra blades (for the squares) from getting lost.

[Image: 12.jpg]

This is where I moved the Veritas sliding square. There is a Vesper small double square along with a similar Starrett. These are so useful for checking dovetail sockets. Below is my favourite double square, a 4" Moore & Wright, along with a 4" vintage Browne & Sharpe machinist square.

Now slide the top tray away, and below are large and small Starrett dividers, and a vintage Starrett compass ...

[Image: 10.jpg]

Again french fit to prevent any sliding around ...

[Image: 13.jpg]

I managed to get all these rules inside the drawer - Starrett and Mitutoyo in metric and imperial ...

[Image: 16.jpg]

Easier to stack them this way ...

[Image: 15.jpg]

Two more drawers, and I am going to call it quits for a while. Lynndy has orders for night stands.

I hope you are still having fun! 
Smile

Regards from Perth

Derek

Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
That looks great, Derek! Impeccable work as usual.

Kind of a trivial question, but how did you cut the slots for the round marking gauge fences?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
The sliding keeper for the rulers is brilliant!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Looks great
The cut outs for the tools looks awesome.

We had shadowed tool boxes on the flight line, makes it so easy to see if something is missing
The sliding top is ingenious.

What is the black tool with the brass knob in the front of the lower storage space?
(04-30-2021, 09:09 PM)camp10 Wrote: The sliding top is ingenious.

What is the black tool with the brass knob in the front of the lower storage space?

It's a Veritas ruler stop

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/too...em=05N6801
This is absolutely great, Derek! 
Cool