Table saw long term storage?
(04-26-2021, 08:24 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Fluid film.

36 months even in subzero temps. Auto, marine, industrial etc.

Simon

That would be my choice also. If you've never used it, it sprays on quite thick and gooey like.
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
A friend used a bicycle chain lube called White Lightning. In Humid SW FL it kept his cast iron top perfect for 7 months. Not a spot of rust. It drys and leaves a wax coating
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I'd make a cheap MDF cover.  that'll keep the air and the moisture off, plus it would protect the surface from whatever gets stacked on top of the saw.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
(05-10-2021, 12:46 PM)FireWood Wrote: I'd make a cheap MDF cover.  that'll keep the air and the moisture off, plus it would protect the surface from whatever gets stacked on top of the saw.

Our high school wood shop teacher used to lay out butcher paper with an oil coating for the summer months.  Not that humidity is the huge problem in southern CT as it is in gulf coast regions, but that was the routine.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"