A small, quick, little Project
At first, Iwasn't going to post about it.....nothing fancy going on with it.  No huge amounts of fancy wood were abused.    No fancy joints, either....rather a bit..boring, eh?

OK, back when I built this computer desk....there was a centered shelf for the monitor to sit on,  that WAS the plan.   Planner forget to include the base of the monitor..
No 

So, ever since, the dang thing has been sitting on the top of the desk, taking up "floor space" and sitting way too low for reading anything....tried a stop-gap..
Uhoh

To raise the monitor the 3" up where some of it will slide back onto the shelf...ugly, but was doing the trick.....well...
Uhoh 

Hauled a 1 x 6 x 4' plank of Ash to the shop....needed to cut the best 24" out of it....tablesaw was buried ( as usual, like about any flat surface) so..

A Disston D-112 was used, instead.....saved the 2 cut-offs, for now....Laid out a few curves, from a 1/2 pattern I made up....

Some used a LARGE washer as a circle pattern....others, like out on the ends, used the Starrett No. 85 compass 

One edge needed jointed  ( the other was getting cut out..) so..

Craftsman (Sargent 414) Jack plane seemed to do a nice job on 24" of Ash.....Bandsaw to cut the curved stuff....which still burns Ash, for some reason.  

Ok, needed some support under the center of this shelf....and to help raise it to the 3" needed.....Ripped one of the cut-offs into strips about the right size....after allowing for a dado that they will sit in...dado was done at the tablesaw.....was quicker than setting up the Stanley 45....Supports were cut to length...

The other cutoff was ripped slightly narrower, to account for the shelf thickness ( no rebate was used..)

then the "FlashMob" of clamps showed up..

Center was first....so they would sit in the dados properly....then the fillers were added...

And this was as far as I got, the first day..

Let this mess sit overnight...
Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Next morning, had Laundry Detail....so, down to the shop I went....and in order to kill time waiting on the Washer....removed the clamps on the Project.....

This is from after all the next steps were done.....like...

Beltsander to refine a few spots, remove some of the burnt spots

Handplane to smooth the top of the shelf, and level the supports....

Spokeshave to smooth and refine the rounded over edges left by the router bit.....

Final sanding with a palm sander....THEN that coat of stain....which was then wiped down...

I has had 2 counter-bored pilot holes to drill, BEFORE the stain...

Washer was done, shift the load to the Dryer, and take the dried shelf upstairs...removed the pile of scraps, and Installed the new add-on shelf...

With 2 screws, making sure new was level with the older, existing shelf....and slide the monitor back as far as the top shelf would allow....even have room to "park" my cell phone, while it is getting charged...

Hey, I said it was a quick, little Project....2 bft, from a single board?  

Then...go outside, and assemble most of the new 10' x 12' Gazebo frame....with a LOT of working off a ladder....that was Sunday....I'm still sore on Tuesday....

Thanks for looking in...as for that frame?

Taking a lot longer that the woodworking project..
This small, quick, little project...used one board.    All parts were from a single 1 x 6 x 48" plank of Ash.  Plus, I still have quite a bit "leftover"....
Winkgrin
although not a big project, but you worked well