Vinyl plank floor?
It is Lowes' Smart Core LVT.  It is about 3/16" thick.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SMARTCORE-Sampl...1000788422

OVERVIEW
  • 100% waterproof; can be installed in wet areas and will never swell when exposed to water
  • Easiest to install: little or no subfloor prep, no acclimation time, and can be installed over any standard underlayment, concrete, old ceramic tile, wood or non-cushioned vinyl flooring
  • Patented construction hides subfloor imperfections and prevents telegraphing that is common with glue down and solid locking LVT planks
It sounds like I can just go over the old tile:

https://floorcritics.com/smartcore-ultra-review/

This unique construction also prevents telegraphing, which sometimes happens if the subfloor isn’t clean and clear of debris. Unfortunately, many of the alternative vinyl flooring options can show even the smallest speck of dirt or debris left behind.

I would hate to install it and find 6 months down the road that I have to rip it up and start over.  At least it is not going to be glued or nailed down, so if I have to rip it out it won't be too difficult, just a waste of time and money.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-13-2021, 09:31 AM)Cooler Wrote: It is Lowes' Smart Core LVT.  It is about 3/16" thick.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SMARTCORE-Sampl...1000788422

This unique construction also prevents telegraphing, which sometimes happens if the subfloor isn’t clean and clear of debris. Unfortunately, many of the alternative vinyl flooring options can show even the smallest speck of dirt or debris left behind.

Per the installation instructions for this product  This product can be installed over existing ceramic/porcelain tile products with up to a 1/4 inch wide grout joint. If the grout joint width exceeds 1/4 inch, a cementitious patching compound should be used to fill the grout joint to make it smooth with the surface of the tile.
  Roly
It sounds like I am good to go.  I will double check the groutline, but I think it is 1/4".
(05-13-2021, 02:33 PM)Cooler Wrote: It sounds like I am good to go.  I will double check the groutline, but I think it is 1/4".
 it still wouldn't hurt to fill it flush anyway.  Roly
I think you are right.  This is builder-grade tile and they have sort of rounded edges, so with a 1/4" grout line, it is probably  1/32" to 1/16" deep.  It does not sound too hard to add the cement to the tile.  Definitely not rectified edges.

Something like this:
[Image: rectified-tile-versus-non-rectified-tile.jpg?ssl=1]