Copper Top Hall Table
(04-29-2021, 07:15 AM)AHill Wrote: First off, VERY nice table!  Love the colors and the style.  Excellent work.

Here is David Marks' process for patination of copper.  It sounds like this is what Gary used.  As Gary indicates, a coating of wax is all that's required.

https://www.djmarks.com/davids-blog/arch...d-j-marks/

The recipe is much the same. The only exception was instead of wrapping in plastic and waiting 2 to 3 weeks it went into a fume (ammonia) tent overnight and was ready for the next step the next day. The ammonia method is more hazardous and I'll have to try the new method in that article if I make another one.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Oh, Wow! I love it! I missed this yesterday with the "new threads" thing not working....that's really nice!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Now that's just a doggone good looking table.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Looks as good here as WOO-WOO!!!

Laugh
Better pictures here.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Great table.  Love the wenge feet and bead detail.  The top is cool too.

(04-28-2021, 12:25 PM)Gary™ Wrote: Very impressive work, job well done.