Where do you buy your Aluminum?
Looking to make a couple of mounting bars for my microfence (see pic) to fit multiple routers  I have.  Where do you guys suggest buying the aluminum.  Is there a specific type I should be looking for?

Attached Files Image(s)

Get aircraft grade
T6-7075, structural and a very strong alloy
6061 is also structural
I've used 6061 in the past and get it in small quantities from McMaster-Carr.

They won't be the cheapest but usually I've been more interested in stock availability & delivery than saving a few pennies.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Looks pretty thick so you won't need anything real strong. 6061-T4 or T6 will work fine. You could use a 2024-T3* or 7075-T6*. Whatever you can find that is affordable.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Here's a source. I've never used them so can't comment about their service. You could also check Amazon & Ebay. Those might have better shipping rates.

https://www.metalsupermarkets.com/metals...round-bar/
McMaster Carr is one source.

On Line metals is another I use fairly regular.  https://www.onlinemetals.com
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

(04-28-2021, 03:30 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Looking to make a couple of mounting bars for my microfence (see pic) to fit multiple routers  I have.  Where do you guys suggest buying the aluminum.  Is there a specific type I should be looking for?

Ebay...Lots of good sellers there....you don't need a special alloy for that.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Here's a good place, great places on cutoffs (Which can be quite big).. You have to email them for a quote though, and I think there's a $75 min now, so it's
only a good source if you need a lot. But good prices

https://www.schupanboneyard.com/
Can you give me an aproximation of the size needed? I may have a dropoff or two of 6061 I'd send you. Otherwise there is a very large supply of just about any aluminum you could ever use, at a place in Wichita where I work. Most of it is airospace surpluss.
It's not always the quiet ones who don't have much to say.
(04-29-2021, 07:05 PM)The Tinman Wrote: Can you give me an aproximation of the size needed? I may have a dropoff or two of 6061 I'd send you. Otherwise there is a very large supply of just about any aluminum you could ever use, at a place in Wichita where I work. Most of it is airospace surpluss.

Ah, yes The Yard in Wichita.  It’s almost the only thing I remember fondly of living there for a year almost 20 years ago.

I still have some aluminum chunks that I bought there, and they have made several moves. 

Duke