Wood working on my boat
No, it's not fine woodworking, but it's wood, and I built them! Forward mast support, stern mast crutch, weather hatch, and forward deck hatch. They withstand the 15' test. Not bad for things I threw together in a rush.

If I later decide that I want to make this boat pretty, I'll do it justice with proper woodworking.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Nice work on a nice sailboat. I was at a hardwood lumber dealer yesterday and ran across their selection of teak which reminded me of all the work I did on my brothers boat years ago. Teak was expensive back then but yowza! $300 for a 8’ 1 x 8 today.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Nicely done! (17)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nice crutch.  I made something similar for an Aquarius 7.0 (an A23 with different rudder and no motor notch in the transom) out of some 5/4 scrap oak I had laying around.  Mounted to the rudder gudgeons, like yours.  
Yes
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I've since learned that hanging it on the gudgeons isn't best practice so I'll soon build a new one that straddles the stern.
Semper fi,
Brad