Replacing A Toilet
Ours keep clogging.  I'm probably going with the Cadet 3 based on TDKPE's thread, plus it's what's available locally.  What's best for sealing to the floor flange?  Traditional wax ring?  The version with the plastic horn?  Something else?

I can't directly answer your question except to say that I have always used the wax ring and have never had any problems with it. However, I must ask, why are you replacing the toilet because of a clog? I have never experienced a clogging issue that was due to an otherwise properly working toilet. The problem has always been farther down the line. The only exception to that was when the water level in the tank was too low and it was not adequate to properly flush. That can be a problem with some of the newer toilets that are supposed to conserve water. I have modified mine to do a better job.
One of our toilets has always been sensitive to clogging. It is not a problem with the toilet, but an issue with the piping. I'm going to have to get it scoped one day, but it is used infrequently and we are careful what we flush. So, I keep putting it off.
I have 3 toilets in my house. 2 are builder-grade installed by the factory. The third is an American Standard Cadet that I specced when the builder finished the upstairs. The Cadet never clogs. The other two when you flush them, frequently the paper gets jammed in the bowl and you have to plunge it. It's not an issue down the line. It's a problem with the toilets.

Older toilets in my house had 2" flush valve/flappers.

The Cadet 3 has a 3" flush valve and flapper.

Hence, more volume and speed.

Whoosh !!!

Yes
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I bought a reusable ring.   Its foam and rubber.    I had to yank the toilet this winter and it all went together fine afterwards.   I doubt I'll use a traditional wax ring again.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

I just replaced 3 toilets in my house 1 was a American Standard Champion 4 and 2 are Elger Diplomats 1 tall and 1 standard all 3 work good. The Elger's are American Standard but just different name All 3 came with every thing to install them including the slow close seat.  Wife is very happy with the Champion and I am happy with the standard seat
(04-29-2021, 11:51 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I have 3 toilets in my house.  2 are builder-grade installed by the factory.  The third is an American Standard Cadet that I specced when the builder finished the upstairs.  The Cadet never clogs.  The other two when you flush them,  frequently the paper gets jammed in the bowl and you have to plunge it.  It's not an issue down the line.  It's a problem with the toilets.

There was a period where toilet manufacturers were switching to the mandated lower water consumption designs and a lot of them just didn't work.

They also contribute to clogs further down the line, because so little water is used.

I like the models that allow you to use a larger amount of water by holding the handle down, or pressing a separate button.  The extra water not only helps clear the bowl, but also keeps the lateral clear.
(04-30-2021, 08:08 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: There was a period where toilet manufacturers were switching to the mandated lower water consumption designs and a lot of them just didn't work.

They also contribute to clogs further down the line, because so little water is used.

I like the models that allow you to use a larger amount of water by holding the handle down, or pressing a separate button.  The extra water not only helps clear the bowl, but also keeps the lateral clear.

This;

Toilets were not designed for low water usage for a decade or so after the law went into effect.

I've replaced two of them and the replacements work an order of magnitude better, and use less water.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I used Sani-seal reusable gasket.

https://www.amazon.com/Sani-BL01-Waxless...2254&psc=1

Easy to use and you can loosen and retighten the toilet with this. 

My tiles were not exactly level, so I used plastic spacers to level things.   I did not caulk around the outside of the bowl.  If there is a  leak, I want to see it  and not have it rot the underlayment.

[Image: 41lYdYv-CsL._AC_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I used the ones that came with the toilet wax ring with plastic horn Never had a wax seal fail if installed correctly